Sunday, October 3, 2010

This is what I did Saturday... how about you?


Every year at Christmas time Vicki works to find something exciting to give me as a gift. This past Christmas she out did herself with another NASCAR driving experience but topped it off with a ride in a powered hang glider. This past Saturday, we met up with the pilot and instructor Jeff Hunt at his air strip in Granite Shoals. While I don't think this was as adrenaline pumping as driving your own high powered car at 150 miles per hour it was still very thrilling. You are up in the air several thousand feet above the ground with nothing around you but the feel of the wind. Every direction you look is a clear view of the surrounding area with hardly any aircraft to block the view. Jeff is an easy going expert pilot that teaches both standard and powered hang gliding. He even gave me the opportunity to take control for a while during our flight. Just let me say that while doable it is not nearly as easy as Jeff made it look. He had to rescue me a few times. Like I said thrilling. Check out Jeff and his web site www.flytexas.com and go see time for a ride.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment