Monday, April 8, 2013

A Ride in a Stunt Plane

So Vicki always seems to come up with a pretty exciting Christmas present. This year it was a 30 minute ride in a stunt plane with all of the aerobatic maneuvers I could possibly handle. The day started off a little rough after a 3.5 hour drive from Round Rock to McKinney we got a call from the pilot, Russell from Four Winds Aviation, McKinney, TX, http://tail-wheel.com/ telling us that it was too windy and we would have to postpone. Bummer! But after Vicki explained our situation he said he would make it happen but it might be a little uncomfortable for me. Russell made us feel really comfortable, worked me through some paperwork and all of the emergency procedures that could come up during the flight including how to bail out if necessary. Then it was time to get in the plane and get to the area where he could put the plane and me through a bunch of maneuvers. I know I don’t remember all of them but here is a list of what I think I remember. There was so much more.

Barrel Roll

Snap Roll

Eight Point Roll

Loop

Eight Sided Loop

Four Point Roll

Hammerhead Turn

Knife Edge
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment